09 August 2011

Roll With It Baby

There is an Ani DiFranco song I have been mentally humming all evening:  "Roll with it baby, make it your career..." and today has definitely made me pretty cool with my abilities of doing just that. Sometimes I feel like that is all I can do, just go with the flow.

We started our day really well, the boys are enjoying school and are adjusting to rules and regulations,  structure, they are socializing and really having a good time so far. Perrin asked me today if I could buy them some more "cool" foods for their lunches. We always do "highs and lows" of the day and his low was that for some reason his friends just weren't interested in trading sugar snap peas and hummus for their fruit snacks. He cracks me up. Then Bergen piped up that they probably shouldn't be trading food anyway because "you have no idea where that kid has been..." Nice.

I was having a problem with the afternoon pick-up because the schools all end at the same time and Bergen is in a different school from Perrin and Cashion. It's about a 10 to 15 minute drive between schools and yesterday, poor Perrin and Cashion were the only kids left standing outside waiting on me. I arranged for Bergen to take a bus to the elementary school today and that worked well. But it arrived pretty late so I am thinking that I will just put them ALL on a bus home...period. It will definitely make things easier for me and save on some serious gas mileage.

Okay, so rolling with it tonight: I of course had my knitting on me today, like all days, and while I was waiting on the boys to get out of school, I pulled it out. Much to my complete horror, one of my needles had been broken. I will state right now that that does not happen on it's own :) Needle-less to say (haha, sorry that was bad, I know) we have had a bit of an inquisition here tonight. No one seems to know what happened, go figure.  Cashion actually tried to blame the dog. Right, because Katie has opposable thumbs that can snap bamboo like a pencil. The result? They are all grounded for the rest of the week until the offender comes clean: no tv, no computer, no DS...just chores and "complete and utter boredom" according to them...perfect.

As for my knitting, I will have to scrounge around to see if I have anymore in the right size needles, if not, I guess I am headed to the crappy yarn shop in town to replace them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment