09 November 2011

Hooray for Quick Knits!

I was feeling a little restless last night. What better thing to do than pick up a ball of charcoal grey, bulky, highland shetland wool and some size 10 double points? I scrolled through Ravelry, found a feather and fan hat pattern, and set to work. It turned out to be a great night for knitting because Griffen ended up waking up a few times with a nasty croup sounding cough. He crawled into bed with me around 2am and snuggled up while I knitted away. About four hours after casting on, I was weaving in ends and putting a precious sleeping little two year old boy back into his crib.

I will probably hang onto this hat as a gift when needed. I am thinking about doing a little embroidery on it, but we'll see. For now, it's another knit from the heart of The Burrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment